National Policy Framework
Uganda does not have a specific climate change policy or legislation although a process to develop a national climate change policy and strategy for Uganda is underway.
It is expected that by November 2012, there will be a National Climate Change Policy with its costed implementation strategy Nonetheless, Uganda has a number of relevant official plans & policies including the following:
- The National Environment Management Policy (1994);
- the Uganda Forestry Policy (2001);
- the Energy Policy for Uganda (2002);
- Renewable Energy Policy for Uganda (2007);
- the National Water Policy (1999);
- Agriculture Sector Development Strategy and Investment Plan (2010);
- Environment Natural Resources Sector Investment Plan (ENR-SIP) (2007):
- The Draft National Land Policy (2011).